Center for Global Engagement
Connecting you to the world!
Transient Students from other institutions wishing to enroll at North Georgia for a specific Study Abroad program must follow the steps below in order to complete their application. Please make sure you submit the North Georgia Admissions Application along with completing the online North Georgia Study Abroad Application.
North Georgia Transient Admissions Application
A student who is enrolled at another college or university may apply for the privilege of temporary registration at University of North Georgia. Such a student will ordinarily be one who expects to return to the college or university in which he/she is presently enrolled.
A student who wishes to be a transient student at North Georgia must submit the following:
- Application for Undergraduate Admission with $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Official Letter of Transient Permission from the home institution, with a statement that student is in good standing.
- Document showing lawful presence in the United States if requesting to pay Georgia in-state tuition. Click here for a list of documents that can be used.
- Prior to enrolling a student must submit a North Georgia Certificate of Immunization, showing proof of immunization as required by the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia
These policies shall govern admission of transient students:
- The student must apply for admission to University of North Georgia.
- The Director of Admissions must have evidence that the institution that the student previously attended was an accredited or approved institution.
- An applicant for admission as a transient student must present a statement from the Dean or Registrar of the institution last attended which recommends the student's admission as a transient student (i.e. Letter of Transient Permission).
- An applicant may be accepted as a transient student when it appears that the applicant's previous academic work is of satisfactory quality. The Director of Admissions may require the applicant to submit a transcript of previous college work.
- Students on academic warning, academic probation, academic suspension, or on disciplinary suspension will not be admitted.
- Students must be eligible to return to their "home" institution.
North Georgia Study Abroad Application
After completing the North Georgia Transient Admissions Application students wishing to go on any study abroad program will have to submit additional documents through the online application system. North Georgia online applications can be accessed through the programs website. Some documents may include:
- Online Study Abroad Application
- Unofficial Transcripts, unless otherwise noted
- Study Abroad Application fee-varies from program to program